If battering and frying fish sounds messy, frozen fish sticks are your fish taco savior in this healthful dinner recipe. Use them for a quick, child-pleasant dinner or strive popcorn shrimp. Serve with your favorite salsa and black beans on the facet.
- 16 fish sticks (about 8 ounces)
- 3 cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ ripe avocado
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons lime juice
½ teaspoon hot sauce
8 corn tortillas, warmed
Cilantro for garnish
- ctive15 m
- Ready In30 m
- Prepare fish sticks according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, toss coleslaw mix (or cabbage) with vinegar and salt.
- Mash avocado in a small bowl then mixes in mayonnaise, lime juice, and hot sauce.
- Serve the fish sticks in tortillas topped with the slaw, avocado crema, and cilantro, if desired.
- Fish Sticks: Most are made with pollock, which is a sustainable choice if it’s Marine Stewardship Council certified (look for the blue label or contact the manufacturer). Try to avoid added sugar (or make sure it’s as close to the end of the ingredient list as possible). Go for one with 300 mg or less of sodium per serving. Our Favorites: Kidfresh Fun-tastic and Dr. Praeger’s Lightly Breaded