Love fish tacos? Love salad? Then you’ll love those clean Fish Taco Salad Bowls! They’re healthy with speedy-seared white fish and plenty of clean veggies. Serve with tortilla chips alongside or over top for extra crunch!
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into thin half-moons
- 1/2 red onion, cut into wedges, then slivered
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red or yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 4 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds flaky white fish fillets, such as cod, halibut, or red snapper, cut crosswise into 1-inch wide slices
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 8 cups thinly shredded romaine hearts
- 2 tablespoons cider or rice wine vinegar
- Diced avocado
- Fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- Tortilla chips
1 Prep the veggie slaw: In a medium bowl combine the radishes, cucumbers, red onion, peppers, 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
2 Season and cook the fish: Mix together the cumin, chili powder, and salt and pepper. Sprinkle it over the fish.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet (preferably nonstick or well-seasoned cast iron) over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, swish it around, then add the fish without crowding (cook it in batches if necessary), and cook for 3 minutes. Then flip and cook for another 2 or so minutes until cooked through.
The pieces may fall apart a little as you cook them; that’s perfectly fine since this is how you will serve them anyway. Place them on a serving plate and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice.
3 Assemble the salad and dressing: Meanwhile, toss the lettuce with the vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and season generously with salt and pepper.
4 Serve the bowls: Pile the lettuce into 4 individual shallow bowls. Break up the fish into bite-sized chunks, and divide the fish evenly between the bowls, piling it onto the lettuce.
Spoon the vegetable slaw in equal amounts over the fish, then top with avocado and cilantro, if desired, and serve with tortilla chips on the side.Open Next Page To See More!