Turn the beloved fish taco into bowl form with a sauce you’ll want to top the whole lot with and come to be with a 20-minute meal you’ll be making for dinners time and again😋
For the Fish Taco Bowls:
- 2 mahi-mahi fillets (cod or halibut could work here too, just adjust the cooking time)
- 1 tsp Tajin
- 1 tsp chili powder (ancho preferred)
- 1 tsp cumin
- Avocado or olive oil
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Salt and pepper
Perfectly Heavenly Chipotle Sauce:
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo (a bit difficult to find a Whole 30 compliant brand, so you can sub for 1 tsp ancho chile powder)
- ¼ cup mayo
- Juice from 1 lime
- Mango salsa
- Purple cabbage, sliced
Fish Taco Bowls:
- In a bowl, marinate the mahi-mahi with some olive oil, Tajin, chile powder, cumin, and salt and pepper while your cast iron heats up (5-10 minutes is fine).
- Heat a cast-iron or skillet to medium heat and add in some avocado oil. Sear the fish fillets 2-3 minutes per side (depending on thickness).
- Meanwhile, add some ghee to a separate skillet and add the cauliflower rice. Season with salt and pepper and stir, flattening out into a thin layer. Once you begin to see charring, stir once more and cook for 1 more minute.
- To make the sauce, blend the mayo, chipotle pepper, and lime juice with a pinch of salt until well combined.
- To assemble your bowls, add in the cauliflower rice, fish, avocado, mango salsa, and purple cabbage, and top with cilantro and sauce. Enjoy!