Easy Salmon Tacos – filled with flavor and come collectively in half-hour – ideal for your next Taco Tuesday! Topped with lettuce, red cabbage, corn, pineapple, and avocado cream.
- 2-3 (6 ounces) salmon fillets
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 avocado pitted and cut into chunks
- 1 lime
- 6 tortillas flour, corn or gluten-free as needed (I used Siete foods)
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped pineapple
- sliced radishes for garnish (optional)
- crumbled Cotija cheese for serving
FOR THE AVOCADO CREAM:
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon sour cream or mayo
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle the salmon with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper then sprinkle with paprika, chili powder and rub into the salmon pieces.
TO COOK SALMON IN THE OVEN:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place salmon on a greased or parchment (or foil) lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until salmon is cooked and flakes easily with a fork.
TO COOK SALMON ON THE STOVE:
- Heat a large heavy-bottomed pan or cast-iron skillet over medium heat, and add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add the salmon flesh side down. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until the skin is crispy.
TO COOK THE SALMON ON THE GRILL:
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Clean and brush grill lightly with oil (using long tongs with a paper towel). Place salmon on the grill, and cover with lid. Cook for 3 minutes, or until cooked through.
TO MAKE THE AVOCADO CREAM:
- Add the avocado, yogurt, and lime juice in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add water as needed, to thin out the sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
TO ASSEMBLE THE TACOS:
- Once the salmon has slightly cooled, peel the skin away with a fork and shred into large chunks. Char the tortillas on a gas stove or broil in the oven until the edges are lightly burnt. Fill each tortilla with avocado cream, lettuce, cabbage, avocado, pineapple, salmon and cilantro. Serve with radish slices and extra lime if desired.