Perfect for a weeknight dinner, this Easy Fish Taco Recipe with Cajun Seasoning has the best hit of spice and lots of flavor. There are several elements to this recipe, however, you can still have these tacos at the table in nicely underneath half an hour!
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 4 (6 oz each) cod filets*
- 3 cups broccoli slaw mix
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas, charred, if desired
- Cilantro leaves and lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the broiler. Cover a baking sheet with foil, then place a baking rack on top. Spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs and 2 teaspoons of the Cajun seasoning. Take each of the fish fillets and dredge them in the breadcrumb mixture, coating all sides. Place on the baking sheet.
- Broil the fish until it is cooked through and flakes easily about 8 minutes.
- While the fish is cooking, combine the broccoli slaw, bell pepper, mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar and the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and the lime juice.
- When the fish is done, use a fork to break it apart into chunks.
- To serve, place some of the fish down the center of each tortilla. Top with some of the broccoli slaw mixture. Drizzle with the lime sour cream. Top with cilantro leaves, and serve with lemon slices.