Baked Shrimp Scampi is tossed in a delicious garlic and butter white wine sauce, made in convenient foil packets, and is healthy, low-carb, gluten-unfastened, low-carb, and may be made Paleo and Whole30. This smooth weeknight dinner recipe gathers in below 20 mins, too!
- 1 ¼ – 1 ½ lbs. shrimp* peeled, deveined, 20-count/pound
- 6 Tbsp. butter or “buttery sticks”, melted
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 Tbsp. dry white wine* or chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Parsley optional
- See this recipe in Meal Plan #6
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl whisk together the melted butter, garlic, wine, lemon juice, salt, and peppers.
- Tear off four 10-inch long pieces of aluminum foil.***
- Place 6-8 shrimp in the center of the aluminum foil and pour ¼ of the butter/garlic mixture over shrimp.
- Bring the longer edges of the aluminum foil together and twist until just closed. (It’s OK to leave a little gap for ventilation while baking.). Roll up the shorter sides of the aluminum foil to make a foil packet. Repeat with the remaining shrimp, sauce and aluminum foil.
- Place shrimp scampi foil packets on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Once shrimp is done the cooking, serve with additional lemons and parsley.