Creamy Garlic Shrimp With Parmesan is a deliciously easy Shrimp Recipe! Coated in a country and buttery sauce equipped in much less than 10 mins, people will think there’s a hidden chef in your kitchen! Transform components you maximum possibly have already got for your refrigerator into an incredible dinner!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound (500 grams) shrimp, tails on or off
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine* or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat cream**
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Heat oil a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and fry for 1-2 minutes on each side, until just cooked through and pink. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet. Sauté garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Pour in the white wine or broth; allow to reduce to half while scraping any bits off of the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the cream and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add the parmesan cheese and allow the sauce to gently simmer for a further minute or so until the cheese melts and sauce thickens.
- Add the shrimp back into the pan, sprinkle with parsley. Taste test sauce and adjust salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve over pasta, rice or steamed veg.
*Use a good quality dry white wine such as a pinot griot or chardonnay. White wine can also be substituted for chicken broth or left out completely. The flavor in the sauce will be altered.**I use reduced-fat cream (or light cream) for this recipe. Substitute with half and a half if you wish, being careful not to bring the sauce to a boil or it may curdle. You can also use evaporated milk as a low-calorie substitution. Heavy or thickened cream may also be used and will not require thickening with cornstarch. Allow the cream to reduce in a gentle simmer until thickened to your liking.
Calories: 488kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 44g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 234mg | Sodium: 110mg | Potassium: 223mg | Vitamin A: 1765IU | Vitamin C: 9.2mg | Calcium: 375mg | Iron: 2.8mgOpen Next Page To See More!