Delicious crab salad! With hazelnuts and chopped pear, served on a bed of butter lettuce. the majority crab fans understand that fresh crab pairs well with avocado. But have you ever ever tried it with roasted hazelnuts (also known as Filberts)? Roasted hazelnuts have a naturally buttery flavor that is going fantastically with shellfish like crab and lobster. The concept for this salad came from a crab hazelnut pear appetizer I had that turned into prepared via Oregon chef Jason Stoller Smith. It’s cute!
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lump crab meat
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 firm, but sweet pears, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or 3 Tbsp Meyer lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large pieces of butter lettuce, rinsed and patted dry
In a medium-sized bowl mix the hazelnuts, celery, pear, onion, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, ground pepper, and salt.
Gently fold in the lump crab meat, trying not to break up the crab too much.
Make individual servings, about a half-cup each over a piece of butter lettuce.Open Next Page To See More!