Plate with grapes and coleslaw for a weeknight supper of tilapia.
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated the lime rind
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) French bread rolls, toasted
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 1 cup shredded red leaf lettuce
How to Make It
Combine the first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish. Coat both sides of fish with cooking spray. Dredge fish in cornmeal mixture.
Place fish on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
Combine butter, rind, and juice in a small bowl; stir well.
Spread 1 1/2 teaspoons butter mixture over cut side of each of 4 roll tops. Place 1 fillet, 1 tomato slice, and 1/4 cup lettuce on each of 4 roll bottoms. Place top halves of rolls on sandwiches.
MyRecipes is working with Let’s Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America and USDA’s MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates.Open Next Page To See More!