When we received our package deal of seafood inside the mail, some of it went without delay to our freezer and a few I immediately thawed to make codfish tacos that same night! These codfish tacos become so fresh, tender and flavorful! There is no comparison when it comes to cooking with sparkling fish!
- 1 1/2 pounds codfish
- pink Himalayan salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 limes juice of
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves freshly chopped
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup green cabbage shredded
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper chopped for garnish
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped for garnish
- 6 tortillas small corn or gluten-free
Southwest Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano dry
Southwest Dipping Sauce
- Combine in a small bowl ½ cup mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon of lime juice, 2 teaspoons honey, 1 teaspoon white vinegar, ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ½ teaspoon paprika, ¼ teaspoon cumin, ¼ teaspoon garlic salt, ¼ teaspoon dry oregano. Mix well, cover and refrigerate for up to an hour before serving.
Cod Fish Tacos
- In an 8 x 8-inch baking pan add 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil to the bottom. Spread fish on top and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and a dash of black pepper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and add 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Sear the fish for 15 seconds on one side, turning once and repeating 15 seconds on the other side. Remove from heat and place back in baking dish.
- Meanwhile, while fish sets for a minute, turn the burner to medium-low and add to your heated skillet; juice of 1 lime, red onion slices, 1 teaspoon of salt, a dash of black pepper and a handful of freshly chopped cilantro leaves (about ¼ cup). Sautee about 1 minute until onion becomes slightly translucent. Drizzle the onion mixture over the fish. Cover and bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use, for up to 8 hours.
- Serve Layer each slightly heated tortilla with cabbage followed by fish. Drizzle with Southwest sauce and garnish with diced red peppers, cilantro, and a lime wedge! Enjoy!
Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 486mg | Potassium: 583mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 445IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1.8mgOpen Next Page To See More!