Cod Fish Tacos are so clean and delicious. The flavors in these Margarita Fish Tacos are off the hook! Citrus from limes, oranges, and tequila brighten the codfish flavors and while combined with the acidic slaw those simply cannot be beaten. This Cod Fish Taco Recipe is the closing mild recipe to start off the brand new yr. Healthy can be just as delicious as this creative Tex-Mex recipe proves.
- ¼ cup tequila
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- ¼-½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 white flesh fish fillets snapper, mahi-mahi, cod, grouper, flounder or halibut work well
- ¼ cup canola or similar, oil, divided
- 4 8 inch flour tortillas warmed
FOR THE PICKLED CABBAGE SLAW SALAD
- ½ white or red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2-3 radishes thinly sliced
- Chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado sliced or diced
- 1 lime cut into 4 wedges
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, sugar, red pepper flakes, and salt. Remove half of the marinade for the cabbage salad and set aside.
- Add the fish to the marinade in the medium bowl, cover and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- For the cabbage salad: place the onion, cabbage and radish slices in another medium bowl and add the reserved half of the marinade. Gently toss to combine, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- After 20 minutes, transfer the fish to a paper towel-lined tray and pat dry. Brush both sides of the fish fillets lightly with oil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once it is heated, add 2 tablespoons canola oil and turn heat to high. When the oil is hot, carefully add the fish fillets, (skin-side first if still intact) and cook 1-2 minutes each side. Transfer cooked fish to a plate.
- To serve, place a warm tortilla on a serving dish, top with fish, cabbage salad, avocado, and cilantro. Add a wedge of lime for lime juice and…