WHAT A MOTHA lickin TITLE. I hope it doesn’t intimidate you. Classic fish tacos with mango cashew salsa. AND chipotle crema. Smothered with cilantro and cajun flavors. Oh plus all dairy unfastened + paleo-friendly. Mmmm I’m into it. Are you?
- 1 lb. fresh tilapia
- 2 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 2 tsp. avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 2–3 limes
- 1 tsp. old bay seasoning
- Mango Cashew Salsa:
- 1 cup finely chopped mango
- A handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice from 2 limes
- Dash of coconut aminos + Himalayan sea salt (or regular sea salt)
- 1/2 cup black beans (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- Chipotle Crema:
- 1/3 cup avocado oil-based mayo or veganaise (or thick Dairy-Free Yogurt)
- 2 Tbsp. chipotle sauce from canned peppers or chipotle based hot sauce
- Dash of lime (optional)
- Taco Assembly:
- Purple cabbage, chopped
- Extra cilantro
- Extra chopped cashews
- Grain-free tortillas or Corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit. Place fish in a baking dish and pierce with a fork (crucial step to let the marinade seep in). Whisk together oil, lime juice, and coconut aminos. Pour over fish then season with Old Bay season and a dash of sea salt. Bake for 10 minutes. Set oven to broil and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes for extra crisp.
- While the fish is baking, combine ingredients for salsa. Set aside. Wisk together the chipotle crema ingredients and set aside as well. Heat up the tortillas over the stove on each side for a few seconds. Once fish is done, portion into tortillas with cabbage, salsa, chipotle crema and extra cilantro. Eat up!
To make paleo-friendly, leave black beans out of the salsa and use Siete grain-free tortillas. You can also serve in lettuce wraps or over mixed greens. You can find Siete tortillas at Whole Foods!Open Next Page To See More!