Shrimp and noodles is a conventional combo. This easy recipe is weeknight perfection. The creamy coconut sauce is so addictive, you will want to consume it directly from the skillet.
1 lb. medium shrimp (26 to 30), peeled and deveined
2 tbsp. canola oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
1 (1″) piece ginger, minced, divided
1 red bell pepper, seeded, stemmed, and thinly sliced
2 green onions, chopped
1 (13.66-oz.) can Thai Kitchen Simply Asia Coconut Milk
2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp. packed brown sugar
12 oz. Thai Kitchen Stir-Fry Rice Noodles, cooked
3 tbsp. lime juice
1 tbsp. chili-garlic sauce
1/2 c. freshly chopped cilantro leaves and thin stems, plus more for serving
- In a medium bowl, toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon oil and half the garlic and half the ginger. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add shrimp in a single layer. Cook until golden on both sides and opaque, about 2 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a plate.
- Return skillet to medium heat and add remaining tablespoon oil and bell pepper. Cook until peppers are just turning tender, about 2 minutes. Add green onion, remaining ginger and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add in coconut milk, soy sauce, and brown sugar, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil and add cooked rice noodles and shrimp. Toss over medium-high heat until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice, chili-garlic sauce and cilantro. Season with salt.
- Top with more cilantro before serving.