This low-calorie blackened Cajun salmon has a nice smoky, spicy flavor and goes well with the crunchy house salad. It will be at the table in less than half an hour, so it’s perfect for a quick and healthy meal in the middle of the week.
- salmon 2 skinless fillets
- Cajun spice mix 3-4 tsp, (or mix equal quantities smoked paprika, garlic salt, dried thyme, and black pepper)
- white cabbage 1/4 small, shredded
- green pepper 1/2, thinly sliced
- red onion 1/2 small, sliced
- celery 2 sticks, finely sliced
- cider vinegar or white wine vinegar 2 tsp
- mayonnaise 1 tbsp
- STEP 1 Toss all the slaw ingredients together with a really good pinch of salt and leave for 10 minutes.
- STEP 2 Dust the fish on both sides with the spice mix, season with salt, then heat some butter in a non-stick pan and fry the fish on both sides for several minutes until cooked and dark golden.
- STEP 3 Pile some slaw on a plate and sit the fish on top to serve.