Tilapia fillets are poached in a decadent buttery lemon garlic sauce to flaky perfection. This tilapia recipe is fast, clean and so simple to make!
- 3-4 fresh tilapia fillets
- 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup salted butter
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- pepper to taste
- Lemon slices for garnish if desired
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F.
- Grease the pan with your butter, then melt the remaining butter.
- Juice and zest the lemon.
- Rinse the tilapia fillets under cool water and then pat them dry with paper towels.
- Place the tilapia fillets into the buttered baking dish.
- Mix the lemon juice, butter, and garlic together, then drizzle over the fish fillets.
- Sprinkle the fillets with pepper and parsley.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. The fish is done when it turns a solid white and flakes easily when pulled apart with a fork.
- I had very large and thick tilapia fillets so mine took 25 minutes to bake. Fish is done when it reaches 145°F.
- The nutrition includes ALL of the butter sauce which you don’t eat, so values will be less
Calories: 272kcal, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 26g, Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 104mg, Sodium: 203mg, Potassium: 438mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 473IU, Vitamin C: 16mg, Calcium: 32mg, Iron: 1mg
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.Open Next Page To See More!