firm tilapia can arise to the easy yet robust spice rub right here. Double the basil-mayo combination and use it as a veggie dip or sandwich unfold for lunch.
Blackened Tilapia Tacos with Basil-Lime Mayo
Firm tilapia can stand up to the simple yet robust spice rub here. Double the basil-mayo mixture and use it as a veggie dip or sandwich spread for lunch.
- 3/4 teaspoon ground paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 (6-oz.) tilapia fillets, cut crosswise into 1/2-in.-thick pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 8 (6-in.) corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup shaved carrot ribbons
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 4 lime wedges
How to Make It
Combine paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cumin, and ground red pepper in a bowl. Rub spice mixture evenly over fish pieces. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add fish; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done
Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, mayonnaise, yogurt, basil, juice, and 1/2 teaspoon water in a bowl. Top tortillas evenly with carrot ribbons, radishes, avocado, fish, and mayonnaise mixture. Serve with lime wedges.