If you don’t have a Cajun spice, you can make your personal! Just stir together some salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and dried oregano before rubbing it on the salmon.
1 lb. salmon
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp. Cajun spice
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 c. diced pineapple
2 ripe avocados, diced
1/4 c. red onion, diced
2 small tomatoes, diced
Juice of 1 lime, plus wedges for serving
Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
6 corn tortillas, warmed or grilled
- Pat salmon dry, if necessary, then evenly season all sides of the fillets with salt, pepper, and Cajun spice.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. When the oil is hot but not smoking, add salmon. Cook until deeply golden, about 5 to 6 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, until salmon is opaque.
- Let rest and cool slightly, then flake into large pieces.
- Make pineapple avocado salsa: In a medium bowl, add pineapple, avocado, onion, tomatoes, and lime juice. Season with salt and toss to combine.
- Assemble tacos: Top tortillas with salmon, avocado salsa, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing.