These blackened salmon tacos take spiced, skewered, and grilled salmon paired with avocado, fresh mango, pickled onions, and cilantro to create an appropriate Cinco de Mayo recipe!
For the salmon skewers:
- 1 pound salmon, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For the tacos:
- 6 corn tortillas
- Sliced mango, pineapple, or peach
- Pickled red onion
- First, make sure you soak your skewers (if yours are wood) and preheat your grill.
- Combine all the spices in a bowl and toss over cubed salmon. Using two sets of skewers, skewer salmon cubes (using two skewers per set helps keep the salmon in place).
- Using tongs, wipe an oiled paper towel over the grates of the grill to prevent the salmon from sticking. Place skewers on the grill (medium direct heat) and cooks for 5 minutes on each side.
- While the salmon is cooking, prepare your other ingredients. Heat or char your tortillas. Slice the mango and avocado. And grab your cilantro and pickled onion!
- When the salmon is done, remove it from the skewers, assemble your tacos, and enjoy it!