As usual today I will introduce you to the simple but tasty chicken tacos that are easy to prepare and filled with juicy and succulent chicken! Perfect for weekday meals and makes great leftovers! So enjoy the weekend with a good dinner at home with your family.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste,
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 12 mini flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup pico de gallo, homemade or store-bought
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Season chicken with chili powder mixture.Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet in a single layer and cook until golden brown and cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 4-5 minutes per side. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces. Serve chicken in tortillas, topped with pico de gallo, avocado, cilantro and limeOpen Next Page To See More!