Best Grilled Rockfish Tacos are the final easy summer season dinner. Smoke and grill the fish put together the fresh toppings, and permit visitors to make their personal tacos!
- 1.5 – 2 pounds fresh rockfish we buy at Costco
- 1/4 cup butter
- Favorite seasoning (we use Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
- For the Tacos: Corn tortillas
- Olive oil to fry
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Purple cabbage thinly shaven
- Jalapeño cut into thin rounds
- Chipotle Tabasco sauce
- Green Goddess Dressing buy at Trader Joe’s
- Red onion thinly shaved
- Cherry tomatoes sliced into fourths
- Bell pepper
- Skip STEP 4 if you don’t have a “smoke” setting on your grill. Cook the fish at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes until done (depending on how thick it is), flipping the fish once.
- Prepare the fish by washing and drying it (paper towels) and laying it on a large cookie sheet.
- Drizzle with butter (or brush it on when you place it on the grill). Salt and pepper or use your favorite seasoning. (We also like to use Lawry’s Seasoning Salt).
- For smoking, place the fish on the grill for about 10-15 minutes on the “LO Smoke” setting.
- Remove the fish, bring the grill up to 375 degrees, and place the fish back on.
- Grill the fish for 7-8 minutes, until the fish is done.
- Prepare the taco ingredients. Flake the fish with a fork, or serve in large chunks. Make tacos and serve!