Aren’t you happy Taco Tuesdays are an aspect? Do we make them every Tuesday? No, do you? Is taco Tuesday an amazing reminder that we need more tacos in our lives? Absolutely. Ever on the grounds that I can keep in mind I love need tacos. On one hand, they’re this easy clean-out-the-fridge sort of meal, but then again, a without a doubt properly taco merits loads of credit score. Lately, we have been gambling around with fish tacos and Cod become our fish of desire. It’s inexpensive, healthy and cooked relatively rapid. Plus, the seasoning does not overpower it, nor does it leave it bland and dull. For more flavoring, we made a simple frying batter, lined the fish in it, then fried it for approximately 2 – three minutes. Now, all it truly is left to do is to make scrumptious, self-made mango salsa and toast a few corn (or wheat) tortillas in a pan. Quick and Easy midweek dinner, perfect for any day of the year.
FISH TACOS SEASONING
1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp ground garlic, 1/4 tsp ground cumin, 1/4 tsp smoked paprika, 1/4 tsp sweet paprika, 1/4 tsp ground coriander seeds, 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 mango, diced
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 spring onion (or scallion)
1 red onion
1 tbsp sweet corn (canned)
1/2 Jalapeño pepper
1/4 red spicy chili (optional)
2 garlic cloves
1/2 lime (juice)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp chopped cilantro/coriander or parsley
250 g cod fish fillet (8.8 oz), cut on stripes
120 g ice-cold water (1/2 cup)
60 g all-purpose flour (1/2 cup)
1/2 tsp baking soda
350 ml vegetable oil (2 1/2 cup)
4 large corn tortillas
- SPICE mixture in a bowl stirs to combine salt, pepper, ground garlic, ground cumin, smoked paprika, sweet paprika, ground coriander seeds, and all-purpose flour. Generously coat cod cut on stripes in the spice mixture and set aside.
- MANGO SALSAIn a bowl stir to combine diced mango, diced tomatoes, diced spring onion (or scallion), diced red onion, sweet corn, chopped chili, and chopped garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add apple cider vinegar and chopped coriander/cilantro or parsley. Stir to combine and keep chilled in the fridge until needed.
- FRYING BATTERIn a bowl whisk together an egg and ice cold water. Gradually (in three additions) add the all-purpose flour while whisking constantly. Add the second addition only after the previous one has been completely incorporated. Dip the cod slices into the egg mixture, then transfer to a plate.
- FRY THE FISHPour the vegetable oil into a pot. Place over medium-high heat and heat the oil to 175 °C / 350 °F. Gently add the fish and fry for about 2 – 3 minutes or until golden and crispy. Transfer to a plate covered with kitchen towels.
- SERVEHeat tortillas on a skillet to warm. Divide the mango salsa between four tortillas, add the fried codfish and generously drizzle with some yogurt dressing (combine 3 tbsp of greek yogurt with some salt, pepper, chopped herbs, and tabasco sauce). Optionally sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley or coriander/cilantro. Serve as soon as possible.