The barbecue is a first-rate replacement for a tandoor oven as this whole BBQ tandoori fish demonstrates. A complete trout in glorious Indian Spices cooked to perfection!
- 2 Trout, Cleaned but head and tail on
- 1 Lemon
For the Tandoori Marinade:
- 35 g Ginger
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp Kashmiri Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 Tbsp Flour
- 15 g Fresh Coriander
- 25 ml Cooking Oil
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 50 g Yoghurt
For the Side Salad:
- 100 g Red Onion
- 150 g Tomato
- 150 g Cucumber
- 26-36 Mint Leaves
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt.
- Add all of the ingredients for the tandoori marinade (except the yogurt) to a blender and add the zest of a whole lemon and the juice of half a lemon.
- Blitz to a fine paste.
- Cook this paste over medium heat for 3-4 minutes and transfer to a bowl.
- When cooled add the yogurt and place in a bowl large enough to hold the fish.
- Make 3 or 4 deep slashes in the flash of the fish and rub in the marinade, including in the cavity and allow to sit for an hour.
- Cut your red onion into thin half-moons.
- Deseed and thinly slice your tomato into strips.
- Remove the seeds from your cucumber and then thinly slice.
- Combine the cucumber, tomato and red onion in a bowl.
- Chop the mint leaves and add them to the bowl.
- Add the sugar, salt and remaining juice from half a lemon and let sit until ready to serve.
- When your coals are hot, brush the grill plates with oil and add the fish in a fish cage over the direct heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes before flipping and cooking for another 5 minutes.
Cooking times will vary depending on the size of your fish.Open Next Page To See More!