This Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe is the ultimate appetizer! This CopyCat recipe from BoneFish is going to win you over! Crispy fried shrimp coated in a homemade candy and spicy – pure perfection.
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined & peeled
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp ground paprika
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp Sriracha (useless if you don’t like spicy)
- canola oil for frying
- Devein and remove tails on the shrimp. Pat shrimp completely dry.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Prepare the milk mixture in bowl 1 and the flour mixture in bowl 2.
- Dredge shrimp in the milk mixture, then, generously coat in the flour mixture. Place onto a platter. Continue with remaining shrimp.
- In a skillet, over high heat, cover bottom with oil. Once the oil is hot add shrimp, don’t overcrowd the skillet.
- Fry shrimp 2-3 minutes per side, until crispy and cooked through. If you will be working in batches, add the fried shrimp to a baking sheet and place it in a preheated oven to 375°F to keep it hot and crispy while the remaining shrimp are cooked.
- Once all of the shrimp are cooked, pour the sauce over the shrimp and gently coat. (TIP: The sauce may be poured over the shrimp in the baking sheet or in a bowl.)