The spinach pesto makes a scrumptious topping for those tilapia fillets. The pesto is straightforward to restoration with an assist from a meals processor. Pecans provide texture at the same time as Parmesan cheese and garlic taste the pesto. If you have got extra pesto, serve it at the aspect or freeze it for any other meal.
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves, about 6 cups, divided
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/3 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 medium cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 6 tilapia fillets
Steps to Make It
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Lightly butter a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan or shallow casserole.
- In a food processor, pulse about half of the spinach leaves with 1/4 cup olive oil, pecan halves, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until the mixture is a fine consistency.
- Arrange remaining spinach leaves over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place a tilapia fillet on the bed of spinach and put about 1 tablespoon of the pesto mixture on the fillet.
- Spread lightly to cover most of the fillet.
- Repeat with remaining fillets and pesto, overlapping fish slightly as needed.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tilapia flakes easily with a fork.
Serve with hot cooked rice or pasta.Open Next Page To See More!