Perk up your party buffet with this punchy aspect of salmon served with crispy potatoes, ideal for wonderful over the festive season
- new potatoes 1kg, large ones halved
- olive oil 4 tbsp
- garlic 4 cloves, skins on
- salmon 1kg side, skin on
- coriander a large bunch, roughly chopped
- green chilies 2, roughly chopped
- garlic 1 clove, chopped
- ground cumin 1 tsp
- caster sugar a large pinch
- lemon 1, juiced
- olive oil 3 tbsp
- STEP 1 Put the new potatoes into a large pan of lightly salted cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Drain really well and allow to cool slightly.
- STEP 2 Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Use the side of a large knife to squash the new potatoes on a chopping board, then put into a large roasting tin. Drizzle over the oil, add the garlic cloves and toss really well. Put into the oven for 35 minutes, tossing halfway, until beginning to crisp.
- STEP 3 Push the potatoes to the side and add the salmon skin-side down to the tin. Season the salmon well then put back in the oven for 25 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through.
- STEP 4For the zhoug, put all of the ingredients into a food processor and whizz until smooth.
- STEP 5Transfer the crispy spuds to a serving platter, then carefully put the salmon side on top. Spoon over some of the zhoug, to serve.