This salmon and asparagus in foil couldn’t be simpler to make and results in juicy, succulent baked salmon and perfectly cooked asparagus. Serve this salmon with salad or mashed potatoes for an entire meal, ideal for busy weeknights!
- 4 (6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 lb asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- Fresh dill sprigs, or chopped fresh thyme, rosemary or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut four sheets of aluminum foil about 14-inch long. Divide asparagus into 4 equal portions (about 8 spears per foil packet) and layer in center of each length of foil.
- In a small bowl stir together oil with garlic. Drizzle 1 tbsp of the oil over portion of asparagus then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Rinse salmon and allow excess water to run off, then season bottom of each fillet with salt and pepper. Layer fillets over asparagus.
- Drizzle top of each salmon fillet with 1 tsp of the olive oil mixture and season top with salt and pepper to taste. Top each with about 2 sprigs dill and 2 lemon slices (if using fresh thyme or rosemary use about 3/4 tsp per each if using parsley use 1 1/2 tsp).
- Wrap sides of foil inward over salmon then fold in top and bottom of the foil to enclose.
- Place foil pouches in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven until salmon is cooked through, about 25 – 30 minutes. Unwrap and serve warm.