Sheet pan BAKED Lobster Ravioli in a Lemon Butter Limoncello Cream Sauce can be made ahead with wonton wrappers (no pasta) plus no boiling pots of water or fuss!
- 1 package won ton wrappers
- 1 lb lobster tail meat 2 cups cooked/diced or 4 small tails
- 1 large shallot finely diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or limoncello
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- 2 tablespoons Asiago cheese
- 1 tablespoon mascarpone cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup melted butter
Lemon Butter (Limoncello) Cream Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons limoncello or use lemon juice in place of the limoncello
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 stick of salted butter 1/2 cup cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- garnish: finely chopped parsley
Make Lobster Filling:
- Boil the lobster: If the lobster tails are frozen, thaw them overnight in the refrigerator. To cook small 8 oz tails, bring 6 cups salted water to boiling in a 3-quart saucepan. Add the lobster tails. Simmer, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until shells turn bright red, the meat is not translucent, and the tails will curve. For larger or smaller tails, adjust the cooking time as needed. Drain in a colander, cool, remove the meat from the shells (discard), and dice into 1/2″ pieces.
- In a medium saute pan, heat olive oil and saute the diced shallot for two minutes. Add the diced cooked lobster and parsley, and stir until mixed for 2 more minutes, let cool down.
- Add the lobster meat mixture into a bowl, add lemon juice (or limoncello), ricotta, Asiago cheese, and mascarpone. Mix until combined.
Make Lobster Ravioli:
- Take 1 wonton wrapper, place on a board and fill with 1 teaspoon of the lobster filling. Don’t overfill your ravioli or they won’t seal, this will be plenty once you press the air out and cut or fold.
- Place another wonton wrapper on top, press down to push the air out, and cut with a ravioli (heart-shaped) cutter of your choice. Wonton ravioli can be cut into shapes: round, square, or heart using an inexpensive ravioli cutters, and the cutter will seal the edges.
- If you don’t have a cutter, simply place the teaspoon of filling onto one wonton sheet, and fold into a triangle corner to corner, and press the air out, and press edges closed with your fingers. That’s it! Easy..
- Place all filled ravioli onto a parchment-lined tray, and brush with melted butter.
- Bake Ravioli 400 degrees for 10 minutes. The edges of the ravioli will brown slightly, and get a crispy edge. The baking adds amazing flavor!
Make Lemon Butter Cream Sauce:
- In a small pan, simmer the limoncello, lemon juice, and whisk in the cubed butter until well combined, then pour in heavy cream, whisk to mix and turn off the heat.
- Drizzle sauce over baked lobster ravioli, and garnish with finely chopped parsley and parmesan cheese.
FYI- We tested boiling with won ton wrappers, and they resulted in less delicious flavor, a pale color, and the filling leaked out! So we went with baking, it is faster, easter, and tastes amazing!
Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 317mg | Potassium: 73mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 360IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 0.8mgOpen Next Page To See More!