Halibut is a mild, scrumptious fish with a wonderful texture. These halibut fillets are sincerely baked with a touch butter and seasonings then served with a scrumptious homemade mushroom cream sauce.
- 4 halibut fillets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 to 6 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 to 6 green onions (trimmed, thinly sliced)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt (or Cajun seasoning)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic-seasoned pepper (or another pepper blend)
Steps to Make It
- Heat oven to 350 F. Butter a baking dish; place halibut fillets in baking dish. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, basting occasionally with the melted butter, or until fish begins to flake with a fork.
- Remove the halibut from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the mushroom sauce. In a saucepan, heat butter over medium-low heat; add mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently until mushrooms are golden brown and tender. Add green onions and cook stirring for 1 minute longer. Add flour, stirring until well blended. Continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk until smooth. Add sherry and seasonings. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- Serve the halibut with sauce.
This recipe can be easily halved for 2, or cook 2 halibut fillets and freeze half of the sauce for another meal.Open Next Page To See More!