Oven-Baked Cod fish – soft and flaky cod fillets smothered in a lemon garlic sauce with a kiss of heat. An incredibly tasty low-carb dinner in just 20 mins!
- 1 1/2- 2 pounds cod fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons unsalted butter or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons basil or parsley
- 1 tablespoon more lemon juice
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400ºF. Spray baking pan with cooking spray or lightly oil. Set aside.
- Dab both sides of cod fish dry with paper towels, season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a small pan set over medium-low, heat butter, minced garlic, paprika, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and parsley or basil. Stir for about 30 seconds or 1 minute. Let this mixture sit for a little bit about 5 minutes. Add lemon juice to the mixture.
- Brush codfish with spice mixture, making sure every inch is covered with spice. Add to prepared baking dish or baking sheet.
- Bake until cooked through, about 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish and your preferred doneness. When the thickest part of cod is easily flaked with a fork, then is perfectly cooked.
- Garnish immediately with lemon.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- This sauce would also work with other white fish like Tilapia, Haddock, Pollack, Striped Bass, Mahi-Mahi and Grouper.
- For frozen cod, thaw them first and make sure to pat dry well before seasoning.