Avocados are honestly versatile, try them baked with smoked salmon and egg for a fast, wholesome brunch
- avocado 3 large
- eggs 6 small, separated
- smoked salmon 3 slices, cut into pieces
- chives finely chopped to make 1 tbsp
- cayenne pepper a pinch (optional)
- toasted dark rye bread to serve
- Step 1 Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Halve the avocados lengthways and remove their stones. Cut a small slice off the skin-side of the avocado halves to stop them rolling and put them onto a baking tray. Scoop out some of the middles from where the stone was, add a little salmon to each and then add the egg yolks. Beat the egg whites quickly, so it’s one uniform consistency, and pour in as much as you can. Grind over black pepper and bake for 10 minutes, or until the whites have set. Scatter over the chives and a pinch of cayenne, if you like. Serve with rye soldiers for dunking.