Why slave over a stir-fry whilst you could toss everything inside the oven, no muss, no fuss? This Baked Asian Tilapia Stir-Fry is so ridiculously clean and delicious (you can even use frozen fish – no thawing!) that it’s going to be your new ultimate-minute, go-to healthful dinner.
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce or Gluten-Free tamari if you’re GF
- 2 1/2 Tbs maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated (or powdered ginger)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic (or garlic powder)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (more or less, to taste) Thai Chili Garlic Paste, Sambal
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 large carrots, grated (on the large side of the grater)
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 4-6 green onions, cut into 1-inch long pieces
- 4 tilapia filets, about 4 oz each, 1 lb total (fresh or frozen – if frozen, no need to thaw!)
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- chopped cilantro, as much as you like!
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a 9X13 baking dish with olive oil or coconut oil cooking spray.
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients and set aside.
- To your prepared baking dish, add all of the vegetables, mixing them together.
- Lay your tilapia on top, season each side lightly with salt and pepper (yes, even if your fish is frozen!).
- Pour about half of your sauce mixture over everything, then about halfway through (see cooking times below), liberally baste the fish with it, pour the rest over everything and finish cooking. Bake uncovered. If your fish is frozen, it will take between 25 – 35 minutes (depending on thickness), if it’s fresh/thawed, it will take between 15 – 20 minutes. Fish is ready when it flakes easily with a fork.
- Note: You can pour all of the sauce at once and then not have to bother with basting, but baste if you want the most flavor! You do want the most flavor, don’t you?!
- Serve the tilapia, vegetables, and sauce over rice, sprinkling chopped cilantro over everything.
21 Day Fix Container Counts per Serving: 1 Red, 1 Green, 1 Yellow, 1/2 tsp, 2 tsp maple syrup
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 6Open Next Page To See More!