When it’s hot outdoor spending a variety of time over the stovetop or in the front of a warm oven isn’t amusing. These tacos require only a quick grilling time for the fish and prep time is minimal. Just chop the veggies and grill the fish and whisk together delicious French dressing with the help of NAKANO’s all-herbal rice vinegar.
- For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons NAKANO Natural Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- For the Slaw:
- 3 cups shredded cabbage (purple and/or Napa)
- 1 cup shredded carrot (3 carrots)
- ¼ cup chopped green onions (3 green onions)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced radish (2 radishes)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- For the Tacos:
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- ¾ pound (12 ounces) white fish, lightly salted and grilled (on barbecue or in the oven)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- To grill the fish: Heat the grill to medium-high. Be sure the grates are clean and well-oiled or the fish will stick. Place the fish on the hot grill and grill on each side for 2-3 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. The internal temperature of the fish should register between 130-135°F. Let the fish rest for a couple of minutes. Alternately, cook the fish in the oven: Preheat to 450 F, place fish on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on thickness.
- To make the marinade: Whisk the NAKANO Rice Vinegar, tamari, honey and sesame oil together in a large bowl. Add the shredded cabbage, carrots, green onions, radish, cilantro and toss to coat.
- To serve, top the warm tortillas with fish, slaw, and slices of avocado. Serve immediately with some extra slaw on the side.
Notes*Time saver: Use 4 cups pre-shredded coleslaw mix instead of cabbage and carrots.
*Nutrition information for 2 tacos (values are rounded to the nearest whole number): 400 calories; 15 g fat (2.5g saturated fat); 50 mg cholesterol; 45 g carbohydrate; 28 g protein; 8 g fiber; 440 mg sodium; 13 g sugar; 110% vitamin A, 70% vitamin C, 15% calcium, 15% ironOpen Next Page To See More!