Trident Seafoods Royal Red® Red Salmon tacos are combined with a fiesta of spices in this Mexican-fashion lunch or dinner. High in protein, every chunk is loaded with big correct-for-you flavor, and simple prep makes this recipe a snap to whip up.
- 1 can Royal Red® Red (Sockeye) Salmon 14.75 oz
- 1 to 2 Tablespoon Hot pepper sauce, if desired
- 1 teaspoon dry or 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Napa or Green Cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 2 Tablespoon Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
- 8 Crisp Taco shells
- 1/2 cup Pico de Gallo Salsa
- 4 oz Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
Use 1 can (14.75 ounces) or 2 cans (6-7.5 oz) Royal Red®, Royal Pink® or other Trident Seafoods® Alaska canned salmon.
In bowl, drain and chunk salmon. Add hot pepper sauce (if desired), parsley, cumin, onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder, olive oil, and lemon juice.
In a separate bowl, toss cabbage and pepper strips with vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Layer cabbage mix, cheese, salmon and Pico do Gallo salsa into each taco shell.