Alaska Cod Fish Tacos with a Creamy Avocado Dressing –quick, clean, delicious or and good for children
- 1 lb 16 oz Alaska Cod
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (or cajun seasoning for more heat)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
CREAMY AVOCADO DRESSING:
- 1 cup cilantro or 1 large bunch
- 1/8 cup lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt or a nondairy all-natural mayo can be used
- 1/2 large avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon sweetener of choice or 1-2 packets stevia or 1/2 tbs honey
- low carb tortillas, taco shells, shredded cabbage, cheese, diced tomatoes for topping
- Place cod in a shallow dish and drizzle over the lime juice, garlic, cilantro, paprika, salt & pepper over the fillet. Using your hands, gently rub everything into the fish on all sides then leave to marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by blending all of the sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To prepare the fish there are four different methods of cooking you could use:BROILER: Set oven to high broil. Position fish on baking pan sprayed with cooking spray. Broil fish for about 5 minutes, or until fish flakes when pierced with a fork.BAKE: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place fish in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until fish flakes when pierced with a fork.PAN: Preheat a large non-stick skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add fish. Lay in a flat layer and don’t overcrowd the pan or the fish will steam, not sear. Don’t move fish for 3 minutes once you’ve placed them in the hot pan — this helps get a well-browned crust. Flip them after 3 minutes and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until just cooked through. Remove from heat.GRILL: Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Grill the fish for about 3-4 minutes before turning and cooking on the other side, or until fish is completely white and cooked through.
- Once fish is done the cooking, carefully break up the fish using a fork, into bite-sized pieces. If using tortillas, pop the tortillas in the microwave for 20-30 seconds (or on the grill for 20-30 seconds or just until they get a few char lines on each side). If using taco shells, pop them in the oven according to package instructions.
- Divide fish among tortillas or taco shells, top with sauce, and toppings of choice. Enjoy!
Nutritional information includes 4 ounces fish w/ 1/4 cup dressing. This doesn’t include tortilla or toppings.Open Next Page To See More!