This Tilapia is grilled hot at the same time as it’s far basted in a lightly flavored marinade. Try making it for dinner and watch as your family cannot help however complement your cooking.
- 2 pounds/900 g tilapia fillets
- 1 cup/240 mL vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL vinegar
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL cayenne or red pepper flakes
Steps to Make It
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients except for the tilapia. Mix well until the salt is dissolved.
- Place tilapia in a glass dish and cover with marinade. Turn to coat and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill.
- Pour marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer on low for about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let the sauce cool.
- Grill tilapia fillets over medium-high heat for about 4 to 5 minutes per side or until the internal temperature at the thickest part of fish reaches between 145 to 150 F.
- Serve by pouring a small amount of the sauce over the tilapia fillets.