One of the pleasant salmon recipes I’ve tried and it simplest takes FIVE ingredients. Also, it takes minimal prep and there’s minimal cleanup. I additionally love that you do not must pores and skin the salmon first which saves time, it peels right off after grilling.
- 3 lb. side of salmon, skin on
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic (1 large clove)
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing grill
- 1 Tbsp minced parsley (optional, for looks)
- Lay salmon skin-side down on a cutting board and cut salmon crosswise into 6 equal portions, transfer to a 13 by 9-inch baking dish skin side down.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together soy sauce, mustard, garlic, and olive oil until mixture is emulsified (fully comes together).
- Set aside about 2 Tbsp of the marinade mixture then spoon and spread remaining mixture over salmon, let rest at room temperature 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat grill over medium-high heat to about 400 degrees. Clean grill grates and brush with oil.
- Place salmon on grill skin side down and cook about 4 minutes, then carefully flip (I sort of roll it) and continue to cook another 4 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Remove skin from salmon then plate and brush remaining 2 Tbsp marinade mixture over salmon.
- Serve warm garnished with parsley if desired.
- Recipe source: adapted from Ina Garten