Baked Codfish loaded with lemon, garlic, and herbs! This wholesome meal is so moist and flavorful. Ready in just 20 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs (regular panko or plain breadcrumbs will work in a pinch)
- 1/3 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, grated or finely minced
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt, more if needed (adjust according to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (8 ounces) Alaskan Cod fillets
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (F). Line a large baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil and breadcrumbs, toss well to coat them evenly in the oil; set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the Greek yogurt, Parmesan, parsley, basil, garlic, lemon zest, salt. paprika, and pepper. Spoon the yogurt mixture on the tops of each fillet and spread it around with the back of the spoon, then press the panko crumb mixture on top of each fillet.
- Place fillets on prepared baking dish, crust-side up.
- Bake until firm, about 12-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. Serve with reserved lemon juice.