Cooking instances will vary depending on the thickness and size of your fish. So keep checking the fish whilst baking to make sure it’s to your preferred texture, instead of observing a specific cooking time. This recipe is based totally on the cooking instances for tilapia.
- 2 (6 ounces) tilapia fillets, or any white fish (12 oz. or 340g total)
- 6-8 asparagus sprigs, cut into thirds
- 1 medium zucchini, (or other summer squash) sliced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh thyme or oregano or a mix of both
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill or 1 teaspoon (5ml fresh chopped dill), optional
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- Fresh minced parsley, for topping
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Tear two pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil large enough to wrap each fish and veggies pack.
- Place each fish filet in the center of the foils and then divide the veggies(asparagus & squash) between each foil pack. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the melted butter, garlic, lemon juice, dried thyme/oregano, and optionally dried dill.
- Divide the garlic butter over the two fish packets. Fold the foil over to almost completely cover the fish and veggies. Leave a small opening on top to release steam.
- Place on a baking sheet pan and bake fish until cooked through, depending on the type and the thickness of your fish, 15-20 minutes. When a fork easily cuts through the fish flakes, it’s cooked! Serve warm with parsley sprinkled on top and with lemon wedges.